Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Games in Steam Not Starting
Sudenkaataja Oct 24, 2018
Hi,
I recently decided to give a little dusting to my Steam library (not much time for gaming AND troubleshooting with two small kids).

However I noticed that of the 5 games I tried to play 2 weren't even starting.

Among the Sleep and Banner Saga are not even launching. Steam client shows for a second 'Syncing' and then reverts to normal state, which I guess means the game crashes on launch.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04, gnome 3.28.2 on a i5-4690K/16GB/GTX970.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Renato
Ehvis Oct 24, 2018
The Linux version of The Banner Saga was removed from store because of problems. So maybe you're running into the same something that prompted them to do so. IIRC, the Adobe AIR thing is quite problematic.
Oh ok, I understood that with Proton I would already able to play but it seems they would need to remove the linux version first to let us play with the windows one (doesnt sound logical at all, but oh well).

But what about Among the Sleep? Any help there? I have the feeling I am just scratching the surface and I have plenty of games misbehaving in my library, even though they are all SteamOS/linux versions...
tuubi Oct 24, 2018
Quoting: SudenkaatajaBut what about Among the Sleep? Any help there? I have the feeling I am just scratching the surface and I have plenty of games misbehaving in my library, even though they are all SteamOS/linux versions...
It's an old 32-bit Unity game. You could check if the log at $HOME/.config/unity3d/Krillbite Studio/Among The Sleep/Player.log contains helpful error messages.
Liam Dawe Oct 24, 2018
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: SudenkaatajaBut what about Among the Sleep? Any help there? I have the feeling I am just scratching the surface and I have plenty of games misbehaving in my library, even though they are all SteamOS/linux versions...
It's an old 32-bit Unity game. You could check if the log at $HOME/.config/unity3d/Krillbite Studio/Among The Sleep/Player.log contains helpful error messages.
yes, do that and link it here from pastebin or something. I don't remember having an issue with Among the Sleep.
Great, it now works!

Thanks a lot :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.