You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
Likes for the forum posts?
Shmerl commented on 6 November 2018 at 2:33 am UTC

Sometimes I want to add a "+1" / like to a forum post, but it's not available. Is it hard to add? It shouldn't be very different from the article comments.

s8as8a commented on 6 November 2018 at 5:12 am UTC

For what it's worth, I would also like this.

Xpander commented on 6 November 2018 at 8:57 am UTC

I would like to like your suggestion

liamdawe commented on 6 November 2018 at 12:53 pm UTC

Liam Dawe likes this.

Update: Likes now live for the main topic, working on the replies system.

Update #2: Likes now live for forum replies, no notifications yet, going to hook that up now.

Shmerl commented on 6 November 2018 at 3:11 pm UTC

Great, thanks!

liamdawe commented on 7 November 2018 at 12:47 pm UTC

Notifications taking longer than planned. Attempted to re-write they way they were done, but turned out to be quite a bit more work than would make sense. Gradually getting to it over today, I also want to hook up a setting to turn off like notifications at the same time.

liamdawe commented on 7 November 2018 at 1:48 pm UTC

Okay, like notifications for forum topics are live.

There's also a new setting in notification preferences, to mute all like notifications.

Next up: Hook up forum replies likes to the notifications system.

Do let me know if anything broke.

liamdawe commented on 14 November 2018 at 4:11 pm UTC

I did a DOH, it currently won't clear your forum topic like notification when clicked. Will hook that up tonight. Edit: This bit is done.

Had to do another thing on the forum today, replies likes notifications still to come.

liamdawe commented on 17 November 2018 at 10:49 pm UTC

Like notifications for replies on forum topics are now hooked up.

Ehvis commented on 18 November 2018 at 12:02 am UTC

Weren't you supposed to take weekends off?

liamdawe commented on 18 November 2018 at 11:48 am UTC

EhvisWeren't you supposed to take weekends off?
I'm the clone.

Edit: Jokes as ;), sometimes it's a little therapeutic to have one less thing to do in the code itself. Quite different to testing games and writing about them

I still need to hook up reply/quote notifications though, that's been a long time coming too sorry about that. Very hard to do all this plus work an actual content mostly by myself

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Slash 'Em: „Torchlight II“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts