Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Likes for the forum posts?
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Shmerl Nov 6, 2018
Sometimes I want to add a "+1" / like to a forum post, but it's not available. Is it hard to add? It shouldn't be very different from the article comments.
s8as8a Nov 6, 2018
For what it's worth, I would also like this.
Xpander Nov 6, 2018
I would like to like your suggestion :)
Liam Dawe Nov 6, 2018
Liam Dawe likes this.

Update: Likes now live for the main topic, working on the replies system.

Update #2: Likes now live for forum replies, no notifications yet, going to hook that up now.
Shmerl Nov 6, 2018
Great, thanks!
Liam Dawe Nov 7, 2018
Notifications taking longer than planned. Attempted to re-write they way they were done, but turned out to be quite a bit more work than would make sense. Gradually getting to it over today, I also want to hook up a setting to turn off like notifications at the same time.
Liam Dawe Nov 7, 2018
Okay, like notifications for forum topics are live.

There's also a new setting in notification preferences, to mute all like notifications.

Next up: Hook up forum replies likes to the notifications system.

Do let me know if anything broke.
Liam Dawe Nov 14, 2018
I did a DOH, it currently won't clear your forum topic like notification when clicked. Will hook that up tonight. Edit: This bit is done.

Had to do another thing on the forum today, replies likes notifications still to come.
Liam Dawe Nov 17, 2018
Like notifications for replies on forum topics are now hooked up.
Ehvis Nov 18, 2018
Weren't you supposed to take weekends off? :P
Liam Dawe Nov 18, 2018
Quoting: EhvisWeren't you supposed to take weekends off? :P
I'm the clone.

Edit: Jokes as ;), sometimes it's a little therapeutic to have one less thing to do in the code itself. Quite different to testing games and writing about them :)

I still need to hook up reply/quote notifications though, that's been a long time coming too sorry about that. Very hard to do all this plus work an actual content mostly by myself :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.