Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Help w/ Neverwinter Nights Dedicated Server
14 Feb 1, 2019
I'm tinkering with the idea of hosting a dedicated Neverwinter Nights server. I am trying to use this Docker image, which is sourced from here.

I get the server to run and I got a module to load by copying a mod file from my Steam directory. The problem is I'm so unfamiliar with the technicalities of NWN that I don't know what the default campaign is. Below are the mod files in my Steam directory. Are one of these the default campaign?

Contest Of Champions 0492.mod
The Dark Ranger's Treasure.mod
The Winds of Eremor.mod
To Heir is Human.mod

Do I have to find a player ini file to edit to "unlock" the beginning of the campaign?
QuoteThe modules of the original campaign begin "locked".

Secondly, I haven't found an explanation for a lot of the settings below. Can anyone point me to one? I found some wiki pages but not these details. For example, I have no idea what NWN_PVP=2 means or what the other options are.

NWN_PORT=5121
NWN_MODULE=DockerDemo
NWN_SERVERNAME=I was too lazy to configure my server.
NWN_PUBLICSERVER=0
NWN_MAXCLIENTS=96
NWN_MINLEVEL=1
NWN_MAXLEVEL=40
NWN_PAUSEANDPLAY=1
NWN_PVP=2
NWN_SERVERVAULT=1
NWN_ELC=1
NWN_ILR=1
NWN_GAMETYPE=0
NWN_ONEPARTY=0
NWN_DIFFICULTY=3
NWN_AUTOSAVEINTERVAL=0
NWN_RELOADWHENEMPTY=0
NWN_PLAYERPASSWORD=
NWN_DMPASSWORD=
NWN_ADMINPASSWORD=
NWN_NWSYNCURL=
NWN_NWSYNCHASH=
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.