Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Competition Ideas
Liam Dawe Sep 8, 2010
Competition Ideas

Okay guys i will be teaming up with Linux Game Publishing as soon as i figure a good idea for the next competitions.

So i thought i would ask the regulars what sort of competitions you would like to enter?
tweakedenigma Sep 8, 2010
Re: Competition Ideas

We could do an old school High score contest. Pick a specific gaming and see who can get the highest score, Would probably be best if it was a FOSS/Free game so everyone can get involved.
Liam Dawe Sep 9, 2010

Problem with that is that people can edit their pictures for scores - would need to be a game with a built in high score table that we all use our registered names for.

Could quite easily do that with a number of Flash games i suppose. Unless i make some sort of web-based game myself purley for competitions (that sounds fun actually) but that would take longer so that i will keep back for future.

Suggestions folks? Any Linux native games with high score tables we can view to check?
MaximB Sep 11, 2010

Sure, Galcon Fusion in a nice game, but you have to buy it.
Liam Dawe Sep 11, 2010

Yes it would need to be free.
alexandrius Sep 16, 2010

If we get some flash based or javascript game and host it somewhere?
Rustybolts Sep 17, 2010

What about Bullet Candy Perfect not free but at minimum donation of one dollar it is as good as free. ;)
http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=14
alexandrius Sep 17, 2010

I have the idea
I agree with liamdawe that numbers can be easily changed in any image editor... so lets make a video with mobile phone or something like that...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.