Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
  Go to:
DIABLO on Linux
Avehicle7887 commented on 27 September 2019 at 5:15 pm UTC

legluondunetI'm curious to know if it works on others Linux distributions.
Avehicle my build is not Debian 9 compatible?

I tried your build and even though I can link it to a modern version of glibc (built from source too), it just keeps giving me a segmentation fault. To put it plainly, it doesn't work on vanilla Debian 9.

Getting devilution to compile on old distros (inc Debian 9) requires a bit of effort as it requires some newer version libraries (libsodium for starters). TBH it's not really worth spending time on getting it to work on older distros unless you have a very good reason to do so (in my case it's my main OS).

EDIT:
I even managed to run the same Debian 9 build on Ubuntu 14.04 (I have a fetish for running new stuff on old distros don't ask). Something I hadn't discovered before though is a crash when attempting to play in multiplayer, I'll play around with the code in hopes of getting it working. Singleplayer works nicely

EDIT 2:
Found and fixed the cause of the crashes. It's late but I will give it a small test tomorrow and re-upload it.

Avehicle7887 commented on 28 September 2019 at 10:03 am UTC

Devilutionx for Debian 9 (and older distros):

Build Date: 9th Nov 2019
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jpJEu0OsZm8rdgajUu0Bmj91_V8uBL6t

Tested on:
Debian 9
Ubuntu 16.04
Ubuntu 14.04

Binary built as of commit: https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/tree/813b68bffb020d97117f8f49c85050ff61434722

The build will probably even work with newer distros but I haven't tested this.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 9 November 2019 at 10:23 am UTC

crt0mega commented on 16 October 2019 at 5:53 am UTC

@legluondunet: Nice job. I'm gonna try your build on Debian/Unstable soon

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts