OpenMW modding
chui2ch Mar 27, 2019
I got Morrowind when it was free from Bethesda. I installed OpenMW and got the game up and running. When I was looking at an article online it recommended using the Morrowind enhanced textures mod https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46221?tab=files. I am trying to find a guide on applying the mod, but have not had luck finding anything. Any help on getting it installed would be greatly appreciated.
dvd Mar 27, 2019
Installing mods to Bethesda games is usually very straightforward. The challenge of it comes when you want to install 100 mods at once. If you only want to install that single mod it should be as simple as moving the files where the readme tells you to. (quality mods always have installation instructions)

As for OpenMW compatibility search the openmw page, they have a list of supported mods. It's probably supported though, since it's a simple texture mod from what i can tell.

Probably good resource to check for compatibility/tips:
https://modding-openmw.com/
chui2ch Mar 27, 2019
As far as I can tell there are not instructions included with the MOD. I don't see the enhanced texture pack listed on the site you linked. I am guessing it is not supported then?
Larian Mar 27, 2019
If it's just a texture replacer with a simple Data Files/Textures structure, you should just be able to merge the contents with your Data Files folder. Check any ESP/ESM files under your launcher and you should be good.

However, if it depends on MWGE or MWSE, then it is NOT compatible with OpemMW. (If you see any .dll or .exe files in the pack, it's a good indication that OpenMW won't support it.)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.