Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
thoughts on outward
naegling23 Apr 11, 2019
Anyone play outward? I'm looking for an RPG, and im debating between skyrim, witcher 3, kingdoms of amalur 3 and outward.
AcidMonkey Apr 12, 2019
I picked up W3 the other day it's on sale atm 70% off the GOY edition and it runs flawlessly through steam play (PopOS + 1080) 70% of is a killer deal imo.

If you are into ARPG's I would highly recommend Grim Dawn which also runs well for me through steam play, dev's are super good and the game is fairly deep for an ARPG feels a lot Diablo 1 is with better graphics and a ton of content.

+ their are a ton of good RPG's with native Linux support :)

I'm keen to try out outward but leaving that till I finish a few other games first.
naegling23 Apr 13, 2019
I hear amazing things about the witcher 3, I put it back into consideration due to the super sale, but I have three young kids so its a game I would have a hard time finding time to play. Im also concerned about performance, I primarily play indie games, so I have an older system (nvidia 750ti, 8gb ram, core i5). I dont need amazing top end graphics, but it would need to at least run smooth. I liked but didnt love the witcher 2, my preferred play style is ranged which the witcher lacks.

I like arpg's, im currently playing victor vran and moonlighter, but im looking for something more....immersive? I'm not sure what the right term is. every arpg that I've played since the original diablo just feels like ive been there, done that (diablo 3 included) I'm trying to find an rpg that I can loose myself in for 100s of hours.

I'm looking at steam play options since I've sort of exhausted the linux side of things, im pretty specific in reguards to what im looking for, I dont want party based, and it needs to play with a controller through steam link, so that ends up ruling out a whole bunch of them. I guess I'm looking for that first/third person immersive rpg based on what I listed above. For what its worth, I loved the original fable, didnt care for oblivion, and find zelda breath of the wild to be a dying simulator.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.