Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
How to run game with OpenGL-based wined3d in Wine ?
JohnDoe231 May 6, 2019
Hello. Explain to me, plz how to use OpenGL based wined3d for d3d11 and d3d10 instead of Vulkan based DXVK in Wine? I'm totally new to using wine and Linux too. On Steam, I can do this by changing user_settings.py
The game I want to play crashes at one moment when I use Vulkan-based DXVK, but in OpenGL, wined3d works fine.
But the use of wine3d in the proton has some errors, and there is a fix in the wine. I can run the game in wine with DXVK, but I don’t know how to do this with wine3d. Sorry for my English. Thank you.
legluondunet May 6, 2019
Hello, in your Steam game launch option, add "PROTON_USE_WINED3D11=1", this will disable DXVK and use wined3d instead.
JohnDoe231 May 6, 2019
I want to launch game with WINED3D11 in pure Wine not in Proton. Because when I launch it with Proton, I have some problems. I set up Wine as per instructions to avoid this problem.
Ehvis May 6, 2019
For plain Wine either don't install DXVK at all or remove the dll overrides that are set to "native". You can turn the off temporarily from the commandline by doing something like:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dxgi=n,d3d11=n" wine something.exe

You may have to set a few more overrides to native, but I don't know exactly which are included with dxvk these days.
JohnDoe231 May 6, 2019
Ehvis thank you for your answer. I'm inattentive
I realized that I could not solve my problem without DXVK. I tried to fulfill instruction

Spoiler, click me
Additional Comments

The "dark colours" problem can be resolved with the third-party dxvk extension:

Install dxvk (with "winetricks dxvk")
Run the "winecfg" tool
Switch to the "Libraries" tab
Look in the "existing overrides" list for the entry named "* dxgi (native)"
Select it, then click the "Remove" button to remove it from the list
Click "OK" to save the changes and exit winecfg
For whatever reason, dxvk's version of the dxgi library uses the "bad" version of d3dcompiler_43.

With dxvk installed, the game works just as well as it does on Windows.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=36043

Topic can be closed
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.