Lego City Undercover
Guppy May 23, 2019
I bought the humble lego bundle for my son am I'm having some difficulty with the one game that was basically the reason I bought the bundle - Lego City Undercover.

I'm hoping the hivemind can help me gain some traction.

As you can see on proton db https://www.protondb.com/app/578330 the game is supposed to run very well.

But for me It just launches and immediately stops - with aparently no crash, just shuts down.

The relevant info for his machine:

Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
    Vendor: X.Org (0x1002)
    Device: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series (TONGA, DRM 3.26.0, 4.18.0-20-generic, LLVM 7.0.0) (0x6939)
    Version: 18.2.8

Ubuntu 18.10

I've tried both proton v 3.16-4 & 4.2-4 with the exact same result.

Launching it from bash dosn't yield any usefull information, but I seem to recall you could add some proton options when launching games from bash that would output some more debug info - my google fu is just weak it seems as I turn up blanks.

Any tips, tricks or suggestions?
Liam Dawe May 23, 2019
Are you using Mesa or the older proprietary driver? You want to be on Mesa and have it up to date.
mrdeathjr May 23, 2019
In my case works some time ago but steam version dont work (in my case ask for refund in december 2018), curiously scene version works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bpCA04apk

System Specs

Xubuntu 18.04 x64 - Kernel 4.17.12 generic (ubuntu mainline) -

CPUFreq: Performance

CPU: Core i3 8350K Tri-Core (Coffelake 14nm) 5.0Ghz + CoolerMaster Hyper T4

MEMORY: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz (4x2) Mushkin (dual channel: 37.5 gb/s)

GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 OC (GP107 14nm: 640 Shaders / 40 TMUS / 32 ROPS) Windforce 2GB DDR5 7000Mhz 128Bit (110Gb/s)

MAINBOARD: ASUS Z370-P

^_^
Guppy May 23, 2019
Quoting: liamdaweAre you using Mesa or the older proprietary driver? You want to be on Mesa and have it up to date.

It should be the mesa one - sorry thought that was included in the glxinfo snippet above. I've no idea really where to check driver name/info for mesa drivers so I just figured that was it :S:
Gryxx May 23, 2019
PROTON_LOG=1 %command%
Hopefully this will provide some valuable information
EDIT: That's Steam launch option
Guppy May 29, 2019
Just a follow up - changing to 3.16.9 (beta) didn't work either ended up having to use

PROTON_USE_WINED3D11=1 %command%

as runtime option, I've yet to change back to the current of proton to see if it helps smooth out the performance as it is a little laggy atm - but atleast it plays :)

for further reference here are all the options;

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton#runtime-config-options
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.