Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Adjustment to the article comments quote notification system + forum quote notifications
Liam Dawe Jun 30, 2019
FYI: I've adjusted the notification system for quotes. It will now only notify the main person being quoted, instead of notifying every single person who had a nested quote which got quite messy, when some people choose to quote a post that had 7-8 other quotes inside it.

It never worked correctly anyway, as it never captured all the nested quotes properly (it missed some at random) and frankly, notifying every single person about their post being quoted inside a quote, possibly inside another quote is messy.

This makes it cleaner and just makes more sense.

If you're following an article to get notifications, it will still notify you of a reply as normal.

I am working on finally hooking up forum post quoting notifications too, totally forgot about it.

Edit: Forum quote notifications are now live.
Liam Dawe Jul 10, 2019
NOTE: The notification system regarding quotes has been re-written today, it should now work properly.

Please let me know of any wierdness.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.