Caveat emptor: Roguebook kickstarter possibly a scam.
ixnari Jul 22, 2019
So this came up in my news feed yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns8gTWJIOQQ

Apparently, Abrakam is or is close to filing for bankruptcy and it looks like the kickstarter funds are not going towards the development of Roguebook, but rather covering their pre-existing costs. The issue came to light after one of their contractors, responsible for creating a website for "late backers", did not get paid.

If true, this is disheartening to say the least, as I've very much enjoyed Faeria when it was free.
Liam Dawe Jul 22, 2019
I've reached out to the developer, it's very suspicious especially as they took their late backing offline with no word as to why.
ixnari Jul 23, 2019
Whatever their reason was, radio silence is not the answer. I hope you get a response. This kind of behaviour is dodgy as all hell.
Salvatos Jul 24, 2019
A comment they made on the KS feed 1 hour ago:
QuoteAs we've mentioned on our Discord and elsewhere, this video has many factual inaccuracies and we may be pursuing legal action - so commenting on it is tough at this very moment for those reasons.

What we can easily say is that Roguebook is not a "scam," we are actively working on it, and the conclusions this video jumps to are outright false.

We are continuing work on Roguebook just as we have every day since we began this Kickstarter. We've just released a new survey today for everyone to fill out to let us know what they think of the current state of the alpha.

We hear the alarm over this video and are taking it very seriously. In the meantime, we'll be going ahead with business as usual.

Thank you for raising your concerns.
ixnari Jul 25, 2019
Update to the video above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT9mKPBQgsw

I honestly don't know what to think anymore.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.