Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
New to linux, need some help with Rime...
DragonLordDoTUU Aug 20, 2019
Hello all! I've run into a problem with Rime that is reproducible, but I can't seem to find a fix.
When I first got the game, it ran fine for 3 hours without any issues, but now it won't get past the 'syncing' message in steam.
I'll attach a link to the log file I got out of it, but I can't seem to find a solution on my own.
Any help would be *much* appreciated, as it is currently one of only 2 games that I have to boot into windows for.

Thanks in advance!

error.log file text
A post I made a while back on reddit detailing the same problem
Lakorta Aug 21, 2019
I'm not an expert when it comes to Proton and I don't own Rime so I don't know how much I am able to help. Two lines in your error log seem interesting to me:
Proton: Missing or invalid openvrpaths.vrpath file! [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/<ComputerUsernameCensored>/.config/openvr/openvrpaths.vrpath'
and
wine: /media/<ComputerUsernameCensored>/DATA/Programs/steam/steamapps/compatdata/493200/pfx is not owned by you

According to it's Steam page Rime doesn't seen to be a VR game so the first line confuses me a bit.
The second line looks like permission problems. You should check the directory and make sure you have permissions to it. You could also try deleting the pfx directory, just make sure to back up save and config files first if you don't want to lose them.
Guppy Aug 21, 2019
The 2nd line looks like the game is on another disc - if it's your window drive it needs to be mounted by your user not root ( or you need to tinker with mount options to give the correct permission ).

Alternativly just install it on linux and spare your self the hassle of having to deal with NTFS
DragonLordDoTUU Aug 23, 2019
Thanks for all the help! I finished playing in windows, but that might fix some of my other games, since they're all on an ntfs disk.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.