Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
An Open Letter to Liam Dawe on Censorship
Page: «5/5
  Go to:
Poll results: Which of these two extremes would you find preferable?
Never Close Comments, *EVER*

28 vote(s)
93%
Remove Comments Feature Entirely

2 vote(s)
7%
denyasis 2 Sep, 2019

Quoting: Liam DaweAgain, I've said all I care to on the topic now. I've put my own points across, as have others.

If I may say one thing of your moderation decisions:

I would let my young children read Gaming on Linux.

Please keep up the excellent work.

fabertawe 18 Sep, 2019

Quoting: Liam DaweAsking us to never close comments is asking us to allow GOL to turn into a hell-hole though. We are moderated, always have been and always will. We have to take a stand somewhere and we can't please everyone, all of the time ...[snip]... As long as people remain respectful this forum topic can stay open to have a productive chat about it. Believe me, I want to have the best community possible.

A pointless thread and the perfect answer in post 2. I only read page 1.

Eike 19 Sep, 2019

Not reading the thread and not taking part in this poll without reasonable options:
Please, Liam, continue as you did, you're doing a good job in difficult situations (and all this in your spare time). Thank you.

Liam Dawe 19 Sep, 2019

Quoting: EikeNot reading the thread and not taking part in this poll without reasonable options:
Please, Liam, continue as you did, you're doing a good job in difficult situations (and all this in your spare time). Thank you.
Just a small correction, GOL is a full-time operation. It's only in spare time once it passes 3:30PM on week days and weekends ;)

Eike 19 Sep, 2019

Quoting: Liam DaweJust a small correction, GOL is a full-time operation. It's only in spare time once it passes 3:30PM on week days and weekends ;)

I was aware it must take lots of time, but I didn't expect it to yield enough money. Whatever, thanks for doing it!

Liam Dawe 19 Sep, 2019

Quoting: Eike
Quoting: Liam DaweJust a small correction, GOL is a full-time operation. It's only in spare time once it passes 3:30PM on week days and weekends ;)

I was aware it must take lots of time, but I didn't expect it to yield enough money. Whatever, thanks for doing it!
Well, "enough" depends on your point of view. With Patreon, PayPal, Liberpay, Humble Store + GOG + Twitch affiliations it's enough to just scrape by while doing what I love :)

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...