You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
Tags for Non-Gaming related articles.
dubigrasu commented on 19 September 2019 at 7:32 pm UTC

[quote=14]

Salvatoshow hard is it to not click on an article you don't want to read? I do it all the time with game articles that don't look like something I'm interested in at all.
OK, you're right. But then what's the point of having this tagging functionality at all?
I admit that I basically do exactly what you say, I never used tags for filtering out articles, but rather for searching.
Still, the setting "Do not show articles with any of these tags on the homepage:" is already there and in this particular case (non-gaming articles) I would personally use it. There's no harm for anyone else if that tag exists, is just an extra tag among the others (there's a lot of them, I dunno, maybe a hundred).

Edit: All of that provided if a suitable tag is found and indeed doesn't confuse the things even more (as Liam pointed out).

14 commented on 20 September 2019 at 2:48 am UTC

Sure, fair points. I don't think I'm using any of the tag filtering. The problem is I have exceptions. I'd like to filter out pixel games because there are so many that I am not interested in, but once a year or so, there is one I want. So, I don't filter them out.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts