Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
Linus on the Amiga: "Christ. Will that thing _never_ die?"
wvstolzing commented on 27 September 2019 at 4:13 pm UTC

From the kernel messaging list:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/9/24/993

I saw it on:
https://twitter.com/AmigaL0ve/status/1177614776060350467?s=20

Pretty funny.
I believe Linus himself started with Commodore 64 assembly.

Dedale commented on 27 September 2019 at 7:51 pm UTC

I am a nostalgic of the Amiga and i never had one ! Too bad commodore did invest very little in R&D. The C64 hardware scene is not dead either.

wvstolzing commented on 27 September 2019 at 8:15 pm UTC

DedaleI am a nostalgic of the Amiga and i never had one !

I never owned one either, but it was the holy grail of my childhood. I got constantly rebuked for wanting such an unaffordable device just to play stupid games on it; but for me the 'killer app' was really Deluxe Paint. We had a small Amiga lab at school where I'd spend the lunch hours making silly animations. There was a musically talented kid who wrote legit impressive songs on tracker software. The Workbench disks came with text-to-speech software that we tried to make sing, etc. A source of wonder all around.

QuoteThe C64 hardware scene is not dead either.

Yeah far from it; there's everything from replacement motherboards, to expansion cards, to complete FPGA recreations; some of those are 'open hardware' projects to boot.

Dunc commented on 17 November 2019 at 7:04 pm UTC

This is what happens when I don't look at the forums for months.

But I'm reminded of this. I've had a printout on my wall for (checks copyright message...) yikes! 23 years? It can't be...

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts