Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Linus on the Amiga: "Christ. Will that thing _never_ die?"
wvstolzing Sep 27, 2019
From the kernel messaging list:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/9/24/993

I saw it on:
https://twitter.com/AmigaL0ve/status/1177614776060350467?s=20

Pretty funny.
I believe Linus himself started with Commodore 64 assembly.
wvstolzing Sep 27, 2019
Quoting: GuestI am a nostalgic of the Amiga and i never had one !

I never owned one either, but it was the holy grail of my childhood. I got constantly rebuked for wanting such an unaffordable device just to play stupid games on it; but for me the 'killer app' was really Deluxe Paint. We had a small Amiga lab at school where I'd spend the lunch hours making silly animations. There was a musically talented kid who wrote legit impressive songs on tracker software. The Workbench disks came with text-to-speech software that we tried to make sing, etc. A source of wonder all around.

QuoteThe C64 hardware scene is not dead either.

Yeah far from it; there's everything from replacement motherboards, to expansion cards, to complete FPGA recreations; some of those are 'open hardware' projects to boot.
Dunc Nov 17, 2019
This is what happens when I don't look at the forums for months.

But I'm reminded of this. I've had a printout on my wall for (checks copyright message...) yikes! 23 years? It can't be...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.