Open Game Source
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Dennis_Payne Oct 19, 2019
Open Game Source is a series of articles about open source games I've written irregularly for a while now. If people are interested you can find the latest here. The most recent article was about modifications being done to Alchemy Quest / Open Alchemist.
WorMzy Oct 19, 2019
I'm sure you didn't mean it to be, but it seems a little rude registering just to post a link to your own website. You might not be aware, but GoL lets anyone submit an article, if you want to get more people to read your articles, and give something back to the website you are using to achieve that, then maybe submitting one of your more recent articles to GoL would be a nice way of doing that?
Dennis_Payne Oct 19, 2019
I didn't join just to post a link to my own web site. It was just the first thing I could think of that might be of interest to people here. I may consider submitting an article in the future but my article are more programming oriented so it might not be the right content for gamingonlinux.
Liam Dawe Oct 19, 2019
Quoting: WorMzyI'm sure you didn't mean it to be, but it seems a little rude registering just to post a link to your own website. You might not be aware, but GoL lets anyone submit an article, if you want to get more people to read your articles, and give something back to the website you are using to achieve that, then maybe submitting one of your more recent articles to GoL would be a nice way of doing that?
Honestly I'm happy for people to post their own stuff in the forum. If we can help others find interesting stuff by allowing it, I think that's a good thing. Obvious spam is removed but this seems on point enough :)
Dennis_Payne Dec 14, 2019
I posted a new article about Marvellous Inc. I've really enjoyed the game. It is available on itch.io and steam. I did buy the game despite using the open source version.
Dennis_Payne May 6, 2020
Latest article is about Seahorse Adventures. I ported the code to Python 3 and added support for a trophy/achievement system I've been working on.
Dennis_Payne Aug 1, 2020
Once again I've added achievements to a game. This time it is Smalltrek. Great little game.
Aleksej Aug 10, 2020
Im open source codes of my game M2K here
https://github.com/dj--alex/m2k

it's just puzzle tiled 2d game. but i use id for
2d action tiled game "reskue remake" .
Now im develooping new version M2k engine and creating game "colony remake"

I hope my work and game and editor can be useful for someone.
Dennis_Payne Nov 10, 2020
I wrote up information about the development of Pinball Disc Room.
Dennis_Payne Sep 30, 2021
Forgot to post about my latest article on Inertia Blast.
Dennis_Payne Dec 19, 2021
My latest article covers Anagramarama. If you wish to support open source game development, it is available on itch.io. If not the website includes binaries for windows and linux for free.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.