You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
How to add free games to the library (Proton)
MrNilsson Oct 19, 2019
Hey guys,

I don't know if I'm dumb or something, but I try to add a free game to my Steam Library. I talk about the game BombTag.

It got Platinum ratings on ProtonDB but the game isn't showing up in my Library to activate the Proton settings. I could install it via Lutris, but is there any other way to install it on Steam?

Thanks for your help guys,
Nils
lucinos Oct 20, 2019
You go:

steam -> settings -> Steam Play

And you select the "Enable Steam Play for all other titles" box

I prefer having it not selected and select steam play for individual titles but if I need to add a free game this seems the only way. If you add the game then you can go back to this menu and reverse the setting if you like and the game remains on your library.
MrNilsson Oct 20, 2019
Sometimes you fail to see the easiest way. Thank you lucinos.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.