Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
smoothness
ftl2000 Oct 29, 2019
Good morning, everyone.
I have a question.
I have Ubuntu 19.10.
I play a lot with DXVK.
Which graphics card achieves the best fluidity between the Gtx 1060 6GB or the RX 580 8Gb?
With my GTX 1060 6Gb ( and a ryzen 1600 3.8Ghz), I have a bit of stuttering.
Thank you in advance.
g000h Oct 29, 2019
I'd say that is a somewhat problematic question to answer, because for different games you have different graphics engines, and one card might behave better in one game versus the other card. Switch to a different game and the results could be reversed. On top of that, it also comes down to the individual graphics settings chosen in the game too.

You might find there are different reasons than pure graphics for your issues, e.g. RAM memory, Video memory, hard drive/SSD speed, and version of Linux being used. It could also be something involving the processor and tweaking core usage for better smoothness. Your cooling solution (case, video card, processor fan) could also be a reason for stuttering (as the temperature gets too high, the graphics or cpu throttles down).

Last edited by g000h on 29 October 2019 at 11:27 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.