Into the Breach
Pikolo Dec 6, 2019
Does anyone know what's going on with ItB?

They didn't release Linux support on launch day, the latest platform port was to the Switch in 2018. They're whitelisted for Proton, which is something, but I wondering if we're ever going to see a native Linux release... I was hoping to get it from GOG as it looks like a fun puzzle game based on videos
Liam Dawe Dec 6, 2019
Quoting: PikoloDoes anyone know what's going on with ItB?

They didn't release Linux support on launch day, the latest platform port was to the Switch in 2018. They're whitelisted for Proton, which is something, but I wondering if we're ever going to see a native Linux release... I was hoping to get it from GOG as it looks like a fun puzzle game based on videos
They had a job position opening, one of the tasks of that was to port the game to other platforms (Linux included). That's the last we heard, as it was still planned. I assume they've just been far too busy.
Pikolo Dec 10, 2019
I hope you're right :D That full year with no updates keeps me sceptical though. Do you remember when they had that job opening by any chance?

I'm curious if the game did as well as they planned it would, as I don't remember any ItB DLC being talked about. I looked on the ItB community post on Linux support and it mentions they're working on PS4 support... ahead of Linux. That would make it the second platform not in the original announcement to be delivered before Linux
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.