Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Starpoint Gemini 3
barab4 Dec 22, 2019
The game closes on first loading screen.
Devs responded to Proton topic: https://steamcommunity.com/app/977720/discussions/0/1657817111857746373/
On that link you can see my game log. Last two lines are important:
"Error! Sound not loaded Data\Sound\Effects\Explosions\DistantExplosion01.wav error: -2147467259
Error!!! wav.Read"

I don't know much about Proton and neither do devs. They told me via email that they use mmioOpen API to open that wav file.
In MS documentation, mmioOpen is marked as deprecated and it's stated that CreateFileA API should be used instead.

Search results for "mmioOpen wine" are mostly mailing lists from 10 years ago. CreateFileA is mentioned more recently.

So I'm hopping that if devs could upgrade from mmioOpen to CreateFileA, then the issue should be solved.

Does anyone else have an idea on how to fix the issue?

Last edited by barab4 on 22 December 2019 at 11:43 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.