Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
  Go to:
GOTY 2019 nominations now open
Liam Dawe commented on 22 January 2020 at 9:45 am UTC

dpanterAlright, I gave submitting Proton a shot.
It was accepted (by Scaine while I slept ). So you can now nominate it

Cyril commented on 22 January 2020 at 6:12 pm UTC

About "FOSS game engine reimplementation", do they need to have an official update (not just some new commits for example) in 2019? Or just only created in 2019?

Last edited by Cyril on 22 January 2020 at 6:12 pm UTC

Liam Dawe commented on 22 January 2020 at 7:38 pm UTC

CyrilAbout "FOSS game engine reimplementation", do they need to have an official update (not just some new commits for example) in 2019? Or just only created in 2019?

The description inside the category is:
QuoteWhat is your absolute favourite free and open source game engine reimplementation?
There's no date attached to it.

I think I need to make the descriptions bigger...people keep missing it.

Cyril commented on 22 January 2020 at 7:44 pm UTC

Sorry Liam... Facepalm is required I think.

Liam Dawe commented on 22 January 2020 at 7:50 pm UTC

I've centered the description and made it a header, just to bring more attention to it since this appears to have confused many

Salvatos commented on 22 January 2020 at 8:50 pm UTC

Maybe it’s just me, but my eyes just skip right past the first half of the page to "Here's what's in this category currently!" Maybe I’m too used to skipping past the main page banner.

If it helps, I might do something like below, taking the category name out of the breadcrumbs and coloring the description so it stands out regardless of sizing.

I kind of feel like the form should be under the current listing too.

Liam Dawe commented on 23 January 2020 at 12:40 pm UTC

The form was moved, with a button to jump/highlight to it if needed. I agree it's better, might get people to actually look first before submitting.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 23 January 2020 at 12:41 pm UTC

Cyril commented on 24 January 2020 at 7:14 pm UTC

Is it me or OpenXRay is being refused to the nominees for FOSS engine reimplementation? If yes, why?

Liam Dawe commented on 24 January 2020 at 7:29 pm UTC

CyrilIs it me or OpenXRay is being refused to the nominees for FOSS engine reimplementation? If yes, why?
It's not FOSS.

Cyril commented on 24 January 2020 at 7:44 pm UTC

Hmm that's a shame, I compiled the engine myself and the game runs great on my machine. Fucking license.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • MMOre Fun: „World of Warcraft“ (Wine/DXVK)
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts