Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Suggestions for the banner.
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
n30p1r4t3 Sep 7, 2013
I like your banner, but I think it could be bigger and better. I think if you stretched it out and put it under the menu bar (like OMG! Ubuntu) it would be so much more eye-catching, rather than being perceived as an ad on first glace. Just my two cents. Feels free to disagree.
Speedster Sep 7, 2013
I did a quick cut n paste job on a screenshot with gimp, and agree that would look good
Liam Dawe Sep 7, 2013
Not sure I follow, OMG's logo is inside their nav bar not under it? Someone do a mockup and I will test.
Speedster Sep 7, 2013
Inside the nav bar box, under the menu choices... I have a mockup but don't know how to attach it here
Speedster Sep 7, 2013
Unless you mean CSS mockup, I just did sloppy cut n paste of a screenshot to get the idea. I could take a look at the CSS if you want though.
Liam Dawe Sep 7, 2013
If you just send me a screenshot so I can see what you mean.
Speedster Sep 7, 2013
Ok, how do I send it? The hacked screenshot is about 6 x bigger than the limit for uploading a tagline image for a fake article :P
Don't see how to attach images in PM either... I guess you could PM me a suitable email address
Liam Dawe Sep 8, 2013
Just put it up on imgur and post the link here :)
Speedster Sep 8, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweJust put it up on imgur and post the link here :)
I don't do this often enough to want to keep track of yet another account. Luckily I found a site that lets you post without an account though, so here is the link: hacked up screenshot with banner moved
Liam Dawe Sep 9, 2013
imgur does allow unregistered accounts :)

Honestly I don't really like it, I think it looks really odd :(
Speedster Sep 9, 2013
I assume by "odd" you mean a merged banner/menubar like omgbuntu, as opposed to my horrible hack at simulating the redesigned menubar with the current differently-sized banner. If so, then forget about it; I'm sure your usability tweaks to the javascript are more important to your core audience anyways.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.