Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Planning to get an AMD GPU - Is my system ready for it?
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Mar 17, 2020
HI @Avehicle7887 can you run The unigine Superposition benchmark please? really interested in the results. thanks.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 17 March 2020 at 1:46 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Mar 17, 2020
Quoting: The_AquabatHI @Avehicle7887 can you run The unigine Superposition benchmark please? really interested in the results. thanks.

Currently applying a few final tweaks to the system then I will start the benchmarks, got any setting preferences in mind for that test? :)

In other news, ACO is working as expected:

-----
EDIT (Some games in action)

Race Driver GRID (testing 32bit functionality)

Outward (testing aco)

Very happy with the card overall.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 17 March 2020 at 10:11 pm UTC
Koopacabras Mar 18, 2020
yeah run the test on 1080p on extreme settings for Unigine we have a thread here it would be really helpful if you post the result there so we can compare with other gpus.
Shmerl Mar 18, 2020
Unigine isn't a very useful test really. It's not using Vulkan.
Koopacabras Mar 18, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlUnigine isn't a very useful test really. It's not using Vulkan.

on the basemark gpu benchmark thread that we have on the forum we don't have similar cards to compare, the list is very short .

Last edited by Koopacabras on 18 March 2020 at 11:55 am UTC
Shmerl Mar 18, 2020
I'd use games for that, not synthetic benchmarks. The former are more interesting cases.
Koopacabras Mar 18, 2020
@Avehicle7887 Do you own Shadow Of the Tomb Raider?? or Rise of the Tomb Raider? that would be interesting for me also.

are you using a Ryzen 1700X? shouldn't be that much different from my Ryzen 2600 in gaming at least.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 18 March 2020 at 3:56 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Mar 18, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat@Avehicle7887 Do you own Shadow Of the Tomb Raider?? or Rise of the Tomb Raider? that would be interesting for me also.

are you using a Ryzen 1700X? shouldn't be that much different from my Ryzen 2600 in gaming at least.

I don't own any of the TR games since I don't use Steam (I'm aware these games make a good benchmark).

As for the CPU, I'm using an Intel G4560 with 8GB ram. It's sort of my test bench for experiments and breaking stuff. If you wish I can still try to provide a Basemark/Unigine benchmark. The tests would be based on Mesa 20.0.1 + Kernel 5.5.10 :)

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 18 March 2020 at 9:38 pm UTC
Koopacabras Mar 19, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887If you wish I can still try to provide a Basemark/Unigine benchmark. The tests would be based on Mesa 20.0.1 + Kernel 5.5.10 :)

yes please I would like to see the results of a UNigine Superposition Benchmark at 1080p extreme preset.
Avehicle7887 Mar 19, 2020
A few more screenshots to show what performance you can expect from this card, haven't ran into any issues so far. Witcher 3 got the Mesa 20.0.2 treatment that was released yesterday.

As a reminder, the GPU is sometimes bottlenecked by the Intel G4560 CPU, so your mileage may vary depending on the game.

No Man's Sky (Ultra settings)

Shadow Warrior 2 (Ultra)

Witcher 3 (Ultra - Hairworks Geralt only)

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 19 March 2020 at 1:18 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.