Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
redman Feb 29, 2020
Hi I'm trying to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic the GOG version, I have try:
https://lutris.net/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/ and https://lutris.net/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/ and none has work :|

I searched playonlinux and is not the GOG version.

Has anybody has played those games in linux?

Thanks in advance!
denyasis Mar 1, 2020
Hello;

I have gotten the first to run just fine. I believe mine is the GOG version. I used PlayOnLinux, to manage the bottle. I didn't use any installer scripts or anything as they don't seem to work for me. I had to put in the paths on the settings for the game in manually to make it work. I don't recall needing any extra components, but it's been a few years.

Also, I believe the GOG forums have several links to mods that allow widescreen support and expand the videos so they are not so tiny.

Alternatively, you could make your own WINEPREFIX to run the game in. I'd remember to write a quick bash script to automatically set the WINEPREFIX for you.

Last edited by denyasis on 1 March 2020 at 1:38 am UTC
redman Mar 1, 2020
Thanks denyasis,

I create a new install on playonlinux and is working good, I use wine 4.0.3 version that is installed on my Linux Mint and I hope it works good.

Now I'm researching a little to be able to install mods on it, still can't figure out how to install stuff on the virtual drive.

Regards
denyasis Mar 1, 2020
I hope it helps. Sorry I'm short on specifics, I'm not near my PC at all. If I remember right, I think you can select the game on PlayOnLinux and there is an option to the side to "run an EXE" (it might be a right click, I can't quite remember). That should let you run another EXE in that prefix (like a mod installer or patch installer).

Good luck!
redman Mar 4, 2020
Thanks @denyasis!!! I found that and works like a charm! The only "issue" so far is that every time I start it I have to select the screen resolution to go full screen.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.