Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Rust Servers for Linux / Proton Players
JimDeadlock Mar 22, 2020
The Steam discussion forum for Rust/Linux was shut down a few days ago, and the list of Linux/Proton servers I was maintaining there disappeared with it, so here is the new thread:

Rust Linux / Proton Enabled Servers

For anyone who hasn't tried it recently, Rust runs flawlessly under Proton these days - in fact it runs better than the native Linux version ever did (before they shut it down)! The only problems are a) you can't view the in-game server list (trying will hang the game) and b) there are only a very limited number of servers you can connect to - they must have EAC disabled.

If you know of any other Linux-enabled Rust servers please let me know on the above thread, or if you're having trouble setting one up I'm happy to help. The software for HOSTING a Rust server natively on Linux is still going strong, no problems there.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.