Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The curse of the missing Like button
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2020
Hello everyone!

One feature we have, is the ability to "Like" an article and a comment/forum post. It's entirely local to our website, built by us.

Sadly, a few privacy plugins have gone a bit militant and started blocking it based on the CSS class name. We've already spoken to Adblock Plus about the issue, they're likely not the only one affected as any using the same lists will be.

To try and get around it a little, we've begun more generic naming for it in our CSS to try and avoid it.
Koopacabras Apr 9, 2020
it happens also with Ublock Origin, I'm using palemoon browser which uses the old extensions API, maybe it's fixed in a newer webextension version.

(update: now it's seems fixed, thanks)

Last edited by Koopacabras on 10 April 2020 at 12:08 am UTC
Phlebiac Apr 10, 2020
Fixed for me now also, but I never had any ad blocker! Just the tracking protection in SeaMonkey (similar to Firefox).
Xpander Apr 10, 2020
Just wanted to say that i don't have any issues with it..then noticed that i have ublock disabled for this page :)
Cyril Apr 10, 2020
I might be using some bad list because the issue is still there on my side.
I'm using uBlock Origin and I have to deactivate the third option (the eye) to be able to see the Like button.
Liam Dawe Apr 10, 2020
There should be zero problems disabling any privacy plugins from GOL :), we have no external services. Even YouTube videos in articles you need to have manually accepted to see them.
Cyril Apr 11, 2020
Yeah I know, it's not a big deal. If I found the issue I'll tell you here.
Cyril May 12, 2020
OK so, since today I don't have the Like button anymore, even if I disable completely uBlock Origin.
Liam Dawe May 12, 2020
Quoting: CyrilOK so, since today I don't have the Like button anymore, even if I disable completely uBlock Origin.
Sorry, was a duff bit of JS code that caused it. Fixed.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.