Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Dpad triggering twice in X4
TheSHEEEP Apr 16, 2020
Running Manjaro with KDE Plasma (if that matters?).
I also posted this on the official X4 forum, but two places are better than one, right? :D

I have a Thrustmaster t16000m FCS.
For the largest part, it works just fine.

However, the dpads - both on the joystick and the throttle - always trigger twice. Once when the direction is pressed down, once when it is released.
Making whatever function they are bound to trigger a second time once the dpad direction is released.

Needless to say, that is incredibly annoying - is there any way to turn this off?
This does not happen in Elite: Dangerous (though that runs through Proton), for example, so I must assume this is a problem with the game reacting to all state changes of the dpad buttons (both pressed and released state).

I'd like to avoid rebinding those keys to something where triggering twice won't matter. The default bindings are fine with me - if they'd only work with the dpads.

Last edited by TheSHEEEP on 16 April 2020 at 7:07 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.