Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Text only game OSS
Arten Apr 22, 2020
Hi,
So i send my GPU to warranty repair and my previous GPU is broken, but is usable for TTY (In GUI it freezes), so, is there some good OSS game, preferably in manjaro repo which can be played in TTY?
Samsai Apr 23, 2020
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup comes to mind.
tuubi Apr 23, 2020
If you're just looking for classic time wasters, there's always stuff like petris, nudoku, freesweep etc.

No idea if any of those are in Manjaro's repositories.
whizse Apr 23, 2020
The interactive fiction games (made popular by Infocom) comes to mind. Zork, HHGTTG, A Mind Forever Voyaging, The Lurking Horror etc. There are FLOSS interpreters in almost any distro, but I don't know if the games themselves are available legally anywhere?

There's is however a classic FLOSS game in similar style called Colossal Cave Adventure. In Debian it's in the bsdgames package.

Then there's also the classic Unix game, Nethack!
Arten Apr 24, 2020
Thanks hor all suggestions. I think that i have what needed for surviving without my GPU :-)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.