You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
New Stadia user with questions.
Mezron May 2, 2020
I'm trying out Stadia since it accepted a gift card I had on the side and I'm enjoying it so far. Still not certain that I want to stay on PRO going forward but I have some questions that may help me pull the trigger after the free trial is over.

1) I have visual tearing and I'm playing mainly via gaming desktop and gaming laptop with wired connections on Google Chrome Browser. Is this something I can remove or something I have to deal with? Resolved

2) I won $50 awhile back at a local FGC event. It's been on my gmail account for a long time and it's still there. I use that same account for Stadia but I don't see a way that I use it for the service. Is this something I have to do on Android? Everyone at my home is using Ubports on their mobiles so I don't have access to the Google Plays store.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Mezron on 7 May 2020 at 3:19 pm UTC
slavezeo May 7, 2020
I had to use my Android phone to pay for a game with PayPal. I also had to use my Android phone to access my credit from doing the Google surveys. I cant believe I did enough surveys to buy a 25$ game :)

So I'd probably wager you'll need to apply your credit on an android device.
Ehvis May 7, 2020
Quoting: RafiLinux1) I have visual tearing and I'm playing mainly via gaming desktop and gaming laptop with wired connections on Google Chrome Browser. Is this something I can remove or something I have to deal with? Resolved

I'm curious how you resolved that. I tried a few things, but not even force composition pipeline got rid of tearing.
Mezron May 7, 2020
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: RafiLinux1) I have visual tearing and I'm playing mainly via gaming desktop and gaming laptop with wired connections on Google Chrome Browser. Is this something I can remove or something I have to deal with? Resolved

I'm curious how you resolved that. I tried a few things, but not even force composition pipeline got rid of tearing.

I installed new drivers and did not enable "Force Full Composition Pipeline" on my Nvidia X Server Settings.
Mezron May 7, 2020
Quoting: slavezeoI had to use my Android phone to pay for a game with PayPal. I also had to use my Android phone to access my credit from doing the Google surveys. I cant believe I did enough surveys to buy a 25$ game :)

So I'd probably wager you'll need to apply your credit on an android device.

I ended up sending in a support ticket and they added the $50 credit to my Stadia account.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.