Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
#Funtime issues on Manjaro linux
Julius Jul 18, 2020
Anyone got an idea how to make #Funtime work on Manjaro Linux?

It looks like a quite cool game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1100350/Funtime/

But I fail to make it work and the developer seems to be not very experienced with Linux:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1100350/discussions/0/4803603197591941428/
DefaultX-od Jul 18, 2020
Maybe proton can help

Last edited by DefaultX-od on 18 July 2020 at 10:15 pm UTC
Jared Jul 18, 2020
I cannot say with absolute certainity since I don't own the game in question. But perhaps the issue with the game be unable to start is due to it using alot of file descriptors. You can try to open up a terminal and entering the ulimit -n command. Eg. ulimit -n 4096

Try it out to see if that might work.

Last edited by Jared on 18 July 2020 at 10:40 pm UTC
Julius Jul 19, 2020
It got a native Linux release, so I guess it would be nice to help the developer to make it work properly.
DefaultX-od Jul 19, 2020
Quoting: JuliusIt got a native Linux release, so I guess it would be nice to help the developer to make it work properly.
You also can force it to steam linux runtime instead of proton, that helped me to run LIS on all intel laptop
Jared Jul 19, 2020
Quoting: JuliusIt got a native Linux release, so I guess it would be nice to help the developer to make it work properly.
To be fair, Steam does say it only supports Ubuntu. Even though technically it should on all, there might be some exceptions.
Julius Jul 19, 2020
Force Linux runtime sadly doesn't seem to work either.

As for Ubuntu... maybe so, can anyone confirm it working there?
Liam Dawe Jul 19, 2020
Check the preferences file (same dir as the unity player log file), does it have a resolution set correctly?

QuoteX Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 151 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0

Sounds like it got no resolution "0x0", that's an old Unity bug I've seen a few times. You can usually get around it by using windowed mode or forcing a resolution on it using the preferences file. Let me know what happens.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.