Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
*Rant* Finding sp games that are exactly what I'm looking for has been chore?
Mezron Jul 30, 2020
So recently a friend got me a copy of Darksiders III from GOG. The game looks and plays excellently but in the end had send it back for her to get a refund and this is not the only game as of late for me to do this with. Bloodstained was another one.

I've noticed when checking out games that I may be interested in that one feature that rarely gets talked about is how the game handles saves. With the exception of rouge-likes as it's part of the genre's features.

I prefer games that you either start from the beginning upon defeat or save anywhere at anytime when it comes to my single player games.

The genres I'm mostly into are fighting, FPS, beat-em-ups and rouge-likes. As I'm trying to explore other genres they do very little to speak about saves which for me a deal breaker.
Mezron Jul 30, 2020
Quoting: PatolaYou want a recommendation for a beat-em-up game that is either non-roguelike and has a savegame system instead of checkpoints, or is a roguelike, is that it?

Do you have any further details of what you want? First person? Third person? Isometric? Realist? Pixel graphics? Cell-shaded? Short game? Long game? Doesn't matter? etc.

BTW, you typed rouge-like twice. You know that it's rogue-like, because of the game called Rogue back in the 80s', right? Not rouge (red in French).

For beat-em-ups, I think I am covered. Currently, I'm playing Streets of Rage 4 and Mother Russia Bleeds but I only play them with others so the saving system there are non-issues.

I'm looking for a third person action game or 2D side scroller or even a top down action game without the following: crafting, save rooms/auto save systems (not sure what the name for it is) and metroidvania gameplay.

Here are examples of sp games I played and enjoy recently from beginning to end - Ruiner, Slain: Back From Hell and Volgarr the Viking.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.