Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Your Top Games 2013
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
PlayX Nov 12, 2013
The years is near the end and it is now time to ask you what was your games for Linux 2013.
for me it was: (1. is the best)

1. Metro: Last Light
2. Euro Truck Simulator 2
3. Natural Selection 2

What was your top games?
HadBabits Nov 12, 2013
I can definitely think of a few I played this year (though they may have been published earlier).

Rogue Legacy
Hotline Miami
Botanicula
Stealth Bastard
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

It's been a great year for linux gaming :)
Hamish Nov 12, 2013
Does this have to be this years releases? Because I have actually not played that many "new" games in that case, as I am still glued to many old favourites, have a considerable gaming backlog, and had my main gaming rig down for almost all of the summer. :|

The best "new" game I played this year was probably Trine 2: Complete Story, if you count that as being a new release. The most surprising "new" game I played was Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, if you count the source code release as making it new. About the only strictly "new" content I have played is the "Hard Times" DLC for Rochard and a little bit of Spooky Range.

I have purchased a lot more games than I have played this year though, including the Humble Double Fine Bundle, Humble Indie Bundle 9, Faster Than Light, Dungeons of Dredmor Complete Pack, Paranautical Activity, Inverto, Livalink, and the first two chapters of Doorways. I also purchased the Desura release of Penumbra Collection, which I am currently in the process of slogging through for reasons which may fairly soon become apparent. ^_^
fabertawe Nov 12, 2013
Quoting: Quote from HamishI have purchased a lot more games than I have played this year though...

Well I can certainly relate to that! Who'd have thought we'd have so much going on with Linux gaming :D

Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Metro: Last Light
Little Inferno
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Left 4 Dead 2

It was fun to play all the Half-Life 2 stuff again.
scaine Nov 20, 2013
I've played a ton of stuff this year, but it's been Killing Floor's release that's kept me out of Windows. In fact, because I haven't logged into my Windows partition since early August, I've pretty much wasted a £70 subscription to Planetside 2...

Ah well. KF has kept me busy when I'm not playing all these new releases:
Delver (which is awesome!)
Metro: Last Light
PixelJunk Shooter
Anna
Shadowrun Returns
Painkiller
Mark of the Ninja
Natural Selection II
Teleglitch
Fez
Dota2
Sir you are being hunted

Honestly, the list goes on and on. Monaco, Game Dev Story, Rogue Legacy, Kairo, Prison Architect, Battle Worlds Kronos, Thomas Was Alone, The Cave,

I've hardly scratched the surface of some of these titles. Too many to play properly!
killx_den Nov 21, 2013
For me it was:

- Half Life 2 Deathmatch <3
- The Raven
- Painkiller
- Eldritch
- Delver
- Sir you are being hunted
- Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

I probably forgot a ton of other titles :)
Levi Nov 21, 2013
I've bought more games then played, Unfortunatly quite a few of those I kinda regret buying since I didn't like them as much as I though they where.
The games that I did play are a bit older.

So this is the list I could come up with;
  • Minecraft

• half-life 2

• garrysmod

• Left4dead 2

Hamish Nov 21, 2013
Started going through Realm of the Diggle Gods last night while utilizing some of the skills present from the other two DLCs. Meh, they still are new to me. :P
Half-Shot Nov 23, 2013
This is quite a hard one. A year is quite a span of time :D

• Team Fortress 2

• Killing Floor

• Left 4 Dead 2 (I know, valve fanboy)

• Deus Ex  Not native :(

• Xonotic

• Dota 2

• Awesomenauts

Honorable mention: Super Hexagon (amazing soundtrack and just addictive enough to keep me going for a few weeks)
gemini Nov 26, 2013
Wow it´s hard to choose. I´ve bought 86 native linux games this year (and it´s not over yet.) 

But those I´ve played the most, and had the best time with is:

Metro: Last light
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Mark of the ninja
Game Dev Tycoon
Football Manager 2014
Surgeon Simulator 
Brútal Legend
Liam Dawe Nov 30, 2013
  • Dota2 - Even though it makes me angry

• Mark of the ninja - still need to finish it oops

• Planetary Annihilation

• Pandora

• Metro: LL

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.