You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Metro Exodus no sound
lordgault Nov 16, 2020
Hi. Since a few versions of Proton Metro Exodus have stopped having sound. In another forum I have received this answer but it has not worked:
QuoteYou may want to repost your question on Steam Play & Wine Gaming as its more appropriate for the topic and where you can find more assistance as this part within the forum isn't used to troubleshoot issues in games under proton or wine.

That being said, did you try entering this command on the Steam launch options:
PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 %command%

If that doesn't work, try modifying the user.cfg files and place edit these following values with the appropriate integers:

r_enum_ssaa 0

r_ssaa_auto 0

r_blur_level 0

r_game_mblur_scale 0

Then save this configuration file and make it read only. https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/3759/post_id=30722
Also, I have noticed that the game is not listed in the sound menu, it is as if there is no communication with the audio server.
Can someone help me?
Thank you

Last edited by lordgault on 16 November 2020 at 7:08 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.