Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Controller for Linux... help...
Page: «5/5
  Go to:
whizse Aug 14, 2023
Quoting: childermassIs the trackpad reasonably usable, then, at least for clicking on things on the desktop (e.g. in the Steam client) when not playing a game? From what I've read, there are no dedicated mouse buttons, but you tap the trackpad to click, correct? Hmm... that could come in useful occasionally.
There's a physical button of sorts as you press the whole trackpad for a left click. No right click button though.
CatKiller Aug 14, 2023
Quoting: childermassIs the trackpad reasonably usable, then, at least for clicking on things on the desktop (e.g. in the Steam client) when not playing a game? From what I've read, there are no dedicated mouse buttons, but you tap the trackpad to click, correct? Hmm... that could come in useful occasionally.
With Steam running you can set up a desktop controller profile, just like the Deck uses. So you can use the trackpad, have R2 as left click, L2 as right click, gestures for scroll, and so on.
Anorelsan Nov 24, 2023
I'm thinking on changing my gamepad and maybe buying a PS5 one to use it wired... It has support for Linux and from what I understand it's supported on steam... Anyone knows if it's works correctly on from software games (DS, sekiro, elden ring)? Maybe it's works but without the correct glyphs?

Thanks!!!
damarrin Nov 24, 2023
It's works but without the correct glyphs.
whizse Nov 24, 2023
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.