Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Hired Ops (online f2p fps)
infernelu Apr 12, 2021
I was looking for some Call of Duty style games to play on linux. Just discovered this game, and want to let people that are looking for the same thing,that this one is working great on linux out of the box with anti cheat and everything. The game needs a bigger playerbase and linux gamers need more shooters like this. A win win. See you in the game. Have fun.
scaine Apr 17, 2021
Shame it's Windows only, but as you say, we don't have a lot of choice in this department. Good find.
Xpander Apr 18, 2021
Nice find. I'll give it a try. Haven't played Call of Duty games since the Call of Duty 4 (aka the first Modern Warfare). Loved Call of Duty 2, but the games didn't seem to innovate anymore with recent years..so there are like 20 different Call Of Duty games now, all seem pretty much same games with different skin.
scaine Apr 18, 2021
Yeah, COD is just a FIFA-like annual franchise now. I mean, look at this...

It was the original Modern Warfare that got me into COD. I bought the next two, but it was MW2 that put me off the series. I realised it was just a reskinned MW, nothing really new. Even the multi-player, which was fun, was just a few bells and whistles on the original.

Been watching my son play Warzone, and it's simply the same game, but with prettier graphics and some leaning thrown in. They're great games, no doubt about it, but after the 3 years or so that I played, I don't have much appetite for more.

But I'll always have fond memories of All Ghillied Up from MW, and The Gulag (Soap on a Rope) from MW2!
Xpander Apr 18, 2021
Tried, Hired Ops.. seems to run quite OK with few stutters here and there.. i suck at it though and textures looks super bad.

Gameplay:

https://youtu.be/Hn_opmWFwJI
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.