Steam Doesn't Recognize My Rudder Pedals
effin-d Apr 12, 2021
I have two Thrustmaster T.16000M flight sticks, which are recognized by Steam, and the Thrustmaster T-Rudder pedals, which are not.

Linux recognizes them all, and I can see them in the configuration UIs, as well as with evdev-joystick --l

In /dev/input, js0, js1, and js2 are assigned to the pedals and both joysticks, respectively. But only the joysticks have events linked to them. The pedals have an event, but it isn't linked to js0.

In fact, the pedals originally registered in /dev/input/by-id as usb-Thrustmaster_T-Rudder_00000000000001A-event, and was only readable through evdev-joystick --l as root. I renamed it to usb-Thrustmaster_T-Rudder-event-joystick & evdev picks it up, but Steam still doesn't recognize it.

Sorry if that's confusing, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a solution for this. Any help please?

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.80.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.4.105-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: 31.4 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Radeon RX 580 Series
tfk May 4, 2021
I'm struggling with the CH Pro Pedals (USB). Those aren't listed in Steam either. They do work in X-Plane 11 however. X-Plane doesn't seem to care about what Steam sees.

Fs2020 does seem to mind. It lists my Sidewinder as Steam does but fails to recognize the pedals (as Steam does).

Still investigating this one.
SuperTux May 6, 2021
Steam doesn't seem to like pedals, never got my CH Pro to work with Steam either. I think X-Plane does it own capture, had the same issue with elite Dangerous where it wouldn't see the pedals (even in Windows).

I submitted a report quite awhile ago to Valve and heard nothing.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.