Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Custom Firefox - UI - Tabs Below BookMark - Australis !
wolfyrion Jun 7, 2021
Hi ,

I was frustrated with the latest Firefox/Proton UI so I have Mixed up everything in to One - Australis - Tabs below bookmark - Custom Release

In short I have mixed a couple of scripts into one with tabs below bookmarks (not my original work)

The results

https://imgur.com/8quuLsB

Anyone who want this you can get it from here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hqhpilhZ5SuU2teO_XcqAi5jBnV3MNhy/view?usp=drivesdk

Installation
---------------
Go to --> about:config and set “toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets” to “true” to enable these customizations.
If you don’t, Firefox will ignore your userChrome.css and userContent.css files.

Create a folder chrome - unzip everything to that folder and you are done.

Enjoy!
wvstolzing Jun 8, 2021
I'd really like this userchrome.css to work: https://github.com/xmansyx/Pro-Fox
... though it's broken at least on Nightly right now.

I think the new tabs style lends itself very well to being placed underneath the address bar; but userchrome.css just isn't documented adequately, & figuring out how to do it properly isn't really worth it for me right now. I wish someone made an extension that made it an option to click; it seems doable.
wolfyrion Jun 8, 2021
Just add this at the end of the code and you are done.. (hopefully it will work , dont have nightly)

*/
:root {
/* Appmenu: Reduce item padding */
--arrowpanel-menuitem-padding-block: 4px 8px !important;
/* Tabbar: reduce tab margin */
--tab-block-margin: 4px 3px !important;
}
/* Tab: Reduce height */
.tabbrowser-tab {
min-height: 24px !important;
}
/* URLBar: Fix vertical alignment */
#urlbar[breakout=true]:not([open="true"]) {
--urlbar-height: 20px !important;
--urlbar-toolbar-height: 24px !important;
}
/* Toolbar: Reduce spacing */
#urlbar-container {
--urlbar-container-height: 30px !important;
margin-top: 0 !important;
}
/* Reload Button: Fix vertical alignment */
#reload-button {
margin-block-start: -2px !important;
}
Salvatos Jun 9, 2021
Getting really tired of Mozilla removing features and customization options. After updating to 89 my tabs were outright invisible except for the active one at the bottom of the window. Had to go hunting for fixes again — fortunately the update had already been out a few days so I found answers on reddit and figured out most of the other tweaks needed for my theme.
Pangaea Jun 9, 2021
I'm not too up in arms about the changes, but I did really dislike the changes to the tabs. Very hard to tell them apart now, and the titles are awkward to read as well. Thankfully a friendly soul let us know how to fix it, at least for now. I also heard nasty rumours that silly Mozilla will remove this option in the about:config for Firefox 90! :(

To get the tabs back like they were before (or at least close enough):
browser.proton.enabled = false
wvstolzing Jun 9, 2021
Quoting: PangaeaI'm not too up in arms about the changes, but I did really dislike the changes to the tabs. Very hard to tell them apart now, and the titles are awkward to read as well. Thankfully a friendly soul let us know how to fix it, at least for now. I also heard nasty rumours that silly Mozilla will remove this option in the about:config for Firefox 90! :(

To get the tabs back like they were before (or at least close enough):
browser.proton.enabled = false

I tried this on Nightly (91.0a1) & Dev. Ed. (90.0b5). Reverts tabs on 90.0b5, but *not* on 91.0a1.
In both version, though, it brings back the icons on the main (hamburger) menu -- which I prefer.

The other day the upcoming UI 'refresh' for the Safari browser was introduced, and ...

Yeah... Can't wait (?!) for this beauty to inspire Mozilla.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.