Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
More FOSS game coverage?
Julius Jun 21, 2021
I positively observe that GoL is covering more open-source gaming news lately. Is that because of actual demand / statistical click rate observations, or only out of personal interest?

Also, less VR news than I expected after the enthusiastic Index review ;) Didn't Liam want to try QuakeVR?
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Ehvis Jun 21, 2021
Quoting: JuliusAlso, less VR news than I expected after the enthusiastic Index review ;) Didn't Liam want to try QuakeVR?

It's been boiling hot for a couple of weeks. Doing VR under those conditions require a bit of suffering. I imagine that didn't help.
Liam Dawe Jun 21, 2021
I just happen to have built up a good RSS list now from many projects, makes it easier to follow.

As for VR, there's been some big life stuff going on that has caused issues for me and motivation is a little difficult right now. That, and, it's been too fucking hot for VR recently.

Edit: oh and I'm moving to a bigger office, which has needed work as it was left in a state. Getting there though and will give more room for VR. Put new network cable through today, now cleaning up the carpet and once that's finished (1-2 days) i should be able to move over into it.

Plus, I was gearing up to cover the new stuff in SteamVR with docking windows....which as it turns out doesn't even appear in the Linux version. I was testing XRDesktop on livestreams too but its GNOME40 support is too early and constantly froze my system. So it's not like I'm not actively looking at VR stuff to cover. It just takes a lot of time, or it doesn't work or it's too hot and so on.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 21 June 2021 at 4:10 pm UTC
PublicNuisance Jun 24, 2021
I for one am happy with the uptick of FOSS coverage.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.