Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Dualsense Controller (PS5 Controller) not working through bluetooth on arch.
zany130 Jul 3, 2021
I am trying to use my dualsense controller wirelessly on my arch install and it keeps failing to connect. In my journal, I keep seeing errors like bluetoothd[631]: profiles/input/device.c:ioctl_is_connected() Can't get HIDP connection info or bluetoothd[616]: src/device.c:search_cb() A0:AB:51:90:7E:70: error updating services: Input/output error (5) I have tried setting echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm and that usually allows me to pair it but it then disconects after a while and while not let me reconnect. Here is my hardware info https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=6a90464a6b
damarrin Jul 3, 2021
FWIW I had no problems with a Dualsense in Pop os. Two wouldn’t work, but one was fine. Two DS4s work fine, however, so the driver for the newer controller is probably not mature enough.
zany130 Jul 3, 2021
Quoting: damarrinFWIW I had no problems with a Dualsense in Pop os. Two wouldn’t work, but one was fine. Two DS4s work fine, however, so the driver for the newer controller is probably not mature enough.
Could be i have two dual sense controllers on refuses to pair at all and the other will pair, but disconnect after a while. Sometimes immediately sometimes after a few minutes of using it and it working completely. After it disconnects it no longer reconnects i have to pair it again. Works over a wire so i just got a really long extender in the meantime but not ideal
whizse Jul 3, 2021
Problem with the Bluetooth receiver? Might want to try with different device like a cheap dongle.
zany130 Jul 4, 2021
[quote=whizse]Problem with the Bluetooth receiver? Might want to try with different device like a cheap dongle.[/quote

Im using the built in Bluetooth module of asrock x470 tachi board and unfortunately don't have another adapter, works with other devices like a steam controller though, but it could just be incompatible with the dual sense controller. I think some Bluetooth adapters had compatibility issues with the ps4 controller, maybe its the same here
whizse Jul 4, 2021
I don't know about the DS5, but I've been using the DS4 controller with a cheap dongle with no problems.

It's identified as Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
It's the kind you can usually buy from Ebay for a couple of dollars.
zany130 Jul 4, 2021
Tried the controller on windows with the same PC. Works without issues so i guess it's a Linux incompatibility with my Bluetooth adapter or IDK
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.