Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Xonotic CO-OP setup
Mezron Jul 20, 2021
I'm ashamed to say that I've forgotten how to setup co-op matches of humans vs bots. I recently tried it with some friends and we tried switching teams to make it human vs bots but a few us were unable to do so. Also as each TDM match started it would randomly switch us to opposite teams.

I'm playing some new ppl to gaming all together and we are looking to setup humans vs bot matches with ease. Is there a method to do this with the most recent Xonotic?

If not, are the other free arena shooters easier to do this with?
GustyGhost Jul 20, 2021
This is one area of Free/OSS games which is admittedly weak and frustrating. The concept of party systems is completely absent. I can understand that Free and OSS games often have low player counts, making such a matchmaking system very difficult but what you describe is totally reasonable.
Haven't we all wanted to do a comp-stomp at some time or another?
Mezron Jul 20, 2021
Quoting: GustyGhostThis is one area of Free/OSS games which is admittedly weak and frustrating. The concept of party systems is completely absent. I can understand that Free and OSS games often have low player counts, making such a matchmaking system very difficult but what you describe is totally reasonable.
Haven't we all wanted to do a comp-stomp at some time or another?

I remember a config being needed for me to have this auto setup but I took about my LAN basement when I sold my previous home recently. Totally forgot to back that up. I know in AssaultCube it's pretty easy to setup but the group I'm playing with is looking for something more sci-fi.

We can always fall back to UT2k4 invasion mode but everyone seem to love Xonotic in this group.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.