You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Conan Exiles anyone?
q9c9p Aug 31, 2021
Hi!

I'm playing with proton 6.3 and have a 40 slots server, it's lightly modded with a custom free map, few mods that enhance the base gameplay without changing it too much and a few new building blocks and variations.

The custom map is called "savage wilds", it's a well balanced down-to-top map, the spawn point is in the southern beach (F2) and it progresses through the biomes vertically, it has many custom dungeons and custom merchants based on the ingame currency that can be minted with metals or looted around, there is also a "fast travel" merchant to be unlocked for each of the merchant villages around the map.

Interactive map: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/conan-exiles-rainweaver76/map/2b71d0b1-7f74-44d3-a473-ac348e79d85e

Here you can find the mods collection.

New building types variants, northen timber adds nordic styles building blocks well suited for the snow biome, arena pier adds blocks to build arenas, sand and stone adds building blocks variants in style with the desert cities, stages adds floor covers and wooden stages, ag architecure also adds new building pieces but are most suited to build minigames prefabs.
Thralls and pets get a little enhanced with better pets and better thralls, have your thralls gather resources with automated thralls gathering. Unlock plus changes the clan based storage access system to a different access control management and also allow you to pick up stuff that wouldn't be once placed.
Basements adds "semi-private" rooms, big enough to have some benches and storage, by build a 3x3 foundation base with a central trapdoor it will activate it.
Fashonist, ra:visual tweaks and hosav custom ui mod are cosmetic. Npc Multiplier and severe weather raise the challenge of the game.
There is also a "multi character mod", the basic game only allow for one character, set to 3 character I use it to separate my playing character from my maintenance and testing character. Pippi is also installed for managing the server.

It is set to pvp with dynamic building damage, basically offline protection after 15 minutes logout phase
Spoiler, click me
haven't tested it yet
and offline building damage timeframe/schedule disabled; friendly fire is maxed meaning friends and foes deal the same damage while enslaved thralls and domesticated creatures damage are set 0.8
Spoiler, click me
on a scale 0-10 where 1 is default
to enhance the fighting experience.

Except for the modlist and no offline raids any settings are up for debate, not really in pve-only gameplay, but i'm also considering it and then using the pvp area banners for friendly pranks and shenanigans like arenas or minigames.

The ip is also on the steam collection description.
Spoiler, click me
176.57.173.155:29500

Last edited by q9c9p on 31 August 2021 at 8:53 pm UTC
Koopacabras Sep 1, 2021
Hi I play Conan with a friend on a personal server. But we play PvE.. I don't know if I want to play PvP
Koopacabras Sep 1, 2021
Quoting: q9c9pI'm playing with proton 6.3 a
also you better switch to Proton GE 6.15-2.. it's the best version for running this game, how long have you played? because with other version except 5.0, it crashes all the time.
Koopacabras Sep 1, 2021
that savagewild lands maps looks really interesting, can u craft recipes with eldarium even if you don't have the Siptah DLC? also how do dungeons work on this maps? does it have completely new dungeons or just the same placed in different places?
is it compatible with BetterThralls mod? that is a must have for me.
Also since the base system is not changed as suggested by the steamworkshop description... can save files from exiled lands be transfered? or can you transfer your character like in Siptah?
btw if anyone wants to play PvE on my server drop me a line, we are only two playing on the server but very active we play every day. Drop me a line and I'll give you the IP and password.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 2 September 2021 at 6:07 am UTC
q9c9p Sep 2, 2021
Quoting: The_Aquabatthat savagewild lands maps looks really interesting, can u craft recipes with eldarium even if you don't have the Siptah DLC? also how do dungeons work on this maps? does it have completely new dungeons or just the same placed in different places?
is it compatible with BetterThralls mod? that is a must have for me.
Also since the base system is not changed as suggested by the steamworkshop description... can save files from exiled lands be transfered?

Hi!
So about the eldarium I'm not sure, I have the siptah dlc, but would be interesting to have trades on the server.
It has brand new custom made dungeons, you can look up a video from either "kiahonfire" or "firespark" that shows the different type of dungeons.
BetterThralls and BetterPets are installed on the server, also ThrallAutomatedGathering, because I would prefer players enjoying the game, exploring and fighting, rather than the usual survival grind for materials.
For now I disabled the trasfer, because there was an overlook of the devs, people could make characters in single player with admin rights and set all the attribute points to maximum and gain all perks, there's already videos on youtube of people going around griefing private servers, breaking tier 3 buildings with steel arrows, because they got 50 atts in all stats, also we have a mod called "multi char" so that I can switch from my playing character to a "admin character" so i can keep things separated.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.