Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Apex Legends without stutters now possible.
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
mr-victory Aug 26, 2022
Quoting: apexlegendThere is just one "bug" left for me at least, sometimes when I move around or press "E" for opening loot caches, the character is unable to move in Apex Legends.
Sounds like you are accidentally pressing specific keys (I am guessing ctrl+shift+e) and triggering an action, something similar to "sticky keys" feature that pops up if you hammer shift key on Windows.
When this happens, Alt+Tab instead of hitting esc to see if there is a pop up.
Xpander Aug 26, 2022
Yeah, either some input related quirk or like mr-victory said, maybe some Desktop Environment shortcut keys get on the way.. or hot corers or whatever gnome has. Never experience that issue myself, but i also run somewhat obscure Desktop Environment lol
apexlegend Sep 20, 2022
Quoting: mr-victory
Quoting: apexlegendThere is just one "bug" left for me at least, sometimes when I move around or press "E" for opening loot caches, the character is unable to move in Apex Legends.
Sounds like you are accidentally pressing specific keys (I am guessing ctrl+shift+e) and triggering an action, something similar to "sticky keys" feature that pops up if you hammer shift key on Windows.
When this happens, Alt+Tab instead of hitting esc to see if there is a pop up.

Quoting: XpanderYeah, either some input related quirk or like mr-victory said, maybe some Desktop Environment shortcut keys get on the way.. or hot corers or whatever gnome has. Never experience that issue myself, but i also run somewhat obscure Desktop Environment lol
Yeah, that's what I thought also but I still can't seem to figure out what is happening or why. The Alt-Tabbing doesn't help at all, and I'm still not sure which keybind combination(s) is the culprit. It has to be more than two keys, I've tried to replicate the problem but I can't do it consistently.

It's getting ridiculous..
apexlegend Mar 7, 2023
Hi again Xpander, mr-victory and others.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/6518 this was the issue I was having, here seems to be a fix if someone is (still) having the same problem as me:

"FortySixnTwo commented Feb 10, 2023
I'd been picking at this for a few days but it's not a Proton issue I have just found out. Gnome opens an invisible emoji picker with ctrl + shift + e, which isn't mentioned in any hotkey UI.

Enter below into bash to remove, in case anyone lands here in future.

gsettings set org.freedesktop.ibus.panel.emoji hotkey [] "
mr-victory Mar 7, 2023
I knew it was the emoji picker🤣
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.