A place for "porting wizards" to offer their help/advice/services
Happy-Ferret Jul 5, 2014
IMHO, it would be great if there was a place where developers could ask for help from someone who knows how to port software to another platform or a place where such "porting wizards" could offer their services.

I for one would love to get into the porting game. But even after two weeks of posting to different indie game related Facebook groups, engine forums and Twitter, I haven't been given much of a chance.

There was one game developer who sent me some older code of his HTML5/NodeWebkit game, which I managed to performance tune (it turned out to be too slow under NodeWebkit, so I wrapped it inside a custom, Gecko based wrapper) under Mac OS X. Unfortunately, he has now moved on to UE4 so he no longer requires my services. Other than that, it seems like either people don't want to port their software to GNU/Linux or Mac OS X, do it on their own or simply don't like the idea of contracting outside help.
Hamish Jul 5, 2014
Have you tried talking to people like Ryan Gordon, Edward Rudd, Ethan Lee, and the like about how they get contracts? As far as I know they do not bite.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.