Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Can I get any help running a game?
Jocas Oct 12, 2023
Hi, I'm tryinn to run Pathologic HD (bought in GOG) using Heroic Launcher, but it seems to just load for a second a black screen and then it closes. I tried using an env variable PROTON_USE_WINED3D = 1 %command% I saw on ProtonDB, but it doesn't seem to help much. Any additional info you may need just ask. Thanks in advance!
whizse Oct 12, 2023
It doesn't work without some trickery I'm afraid:

The game requires a native dll. d3dcompiler_47.dll (use the top one with md5 6bc4ada9a7cab72f49c564e6c86b4c3e). Extract the .zip and put the .dll next to the game binary (in the bin/Final directory).

Next, the game needs another dll. msvcp110.dll is already installed during the setup (part of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012) but needs to be set to native in winecfg.
(This might not be necessary if Heroic follows the example of Proton and already sets this override by default).

The libraries tab should look like this:

I'm not sure what versions of Wine or Proton Heroic uses by default. I tried this with Wine 8.17.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.