You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
EA WRC Rally tournament
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Nov 5, 2023
Hi everyone there.

In case you dont know EA WRC, works on Linux, maybe there's some performance problems here and there, but for the most part it just works on Linux.

I just created a quick Championship together with Xpander. ( I dont have the nitty-gritty details about it, since I created it really fast)

Class WRC 2 Rally 2, 7 locations, each of 4 stages, I tried to put service Areas here and there, being generous about it, since I suppose everyone is a newbie about this game atm, I tried to put at least 1 long stage on each location. Plan accordingly since service areas are bit random also.
Starts tomorrow today, ends December 17 th, each location lasts 7 days.

here's the link, for now its opened to everyone

https://racenet.com/ea_sports_wrc/clubs/3283

Good Luck!!

(I will try to edit this post being more specific, later on,
anyway the specific details are right there on the link)

Last edited by Koopacabras on 6 November 2023 at 5:31 pm UTC
Grogan Nov 5, 2023
I saw that come up in the EA app feed, I was thinking of trying it. (I have a sub)

Thanks for the encouragement, good to know it works before freeing up space and downloading :-)
Xpander Nov 6, 2023
New Zealand Done!
Went horribly, absolutely no traction on that surface. Had several spins and had to take care of the tires on the long stages cause i didn't have any remaining sets.

SS1: 3 spins with reverse needed
SS2: 2 spins with reverse needed
SS3: clean, but super careful with tires
SS4: clean

will edit this post once i run the "rebooted" championship :D

Japan Done!
Lots of small mistakes and the long stage was pretty demanding for the focus.

SS1: Half spin on hairpin
SS2: Crash into the mountain. Reverse needed
SS3: Clean, but 5 sec penalty for reset
SS4: Allmost fell off a cliff, was hanging there.. 6 sec penalty for recovery.

Last edited by Xpander on 9 November 2023 at 10:37 am UTC
Koopacabras Nov 6, 2023
I am sorry xD I've messed it up creating this tournament.... turns out I selected, the WRC "difficult" class.
I had to redo it again.
Hopefuly this time I got right, instead of WRC 2, I've chosen Rally 2 class which feels easier and more appropriate for newbies.

Also I've just finished rallying the first location, Japan.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 6 November 2023 at 5:32 pm UTC
StoneColdSpider Nov 7, 2023
Even though I wont be taking part in this....... Thank you for organising it..... And I wish all the competitors the best of luck......

Last edited by StoneColdSpider on 7 November 2023 at 2:34 am UTC
Xpander Nov 14, 2023
Rally Mediterraneo done. Retired on 3rd stage because i lost my headlights in the dark and couldn't see anything, crashed several times and it was just impossible to continue :D

SS1: 3 spins and lucky roll
SS2: 1 spin at hairpin
SS3: lost headlights about 70% through the long stage.. Crashed heavily multiple times, retired
SS4: Did not Start.
Koopacabras Nov 19, 2023
ss1 fine but was slow
ss2 terminal damage

its funny how damage works in this game, I fell from a slope that was about 3 meters tall and in slow motion. after I was dnf'ed in that stage I was returned to the service area and it only had heavy damage on the body, nothing else more.🤷🏼‍
I repaired the car to 100% successfully, and with no time penalty... I don't know how this can be called terminal damage, this is a bug in my book.

If I knew that beforehand I could have restarted the stage, because I was going downhill for a 2 or 3 seconds before being dnfed, there was a small time window to react. In fact I tried pressing the key that returns you to track with a penalty, but it didnt work, the game didnt detect I was off track for some reason.

Also since I am at it, mentioning bugs... I think I cannot recommend this game atm, it has far too many bugs, it has a solid foundation ground, but there are "small" bugs everywhere.. atm I cannot fully enjoy the game in all its glory because for example AI drivers are bugged as hell, so I cannot challenge myself against AI rivals.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 19 November 2023 at 3:49 am UTC
Koopacabras Nov 25, 2023
Mexico Done!!
I dont know how I did, its tough beating Xpander :P
I even got an achievement for doing clean driving, on Guanajuato :P
but even then, it might not be enough to defeat Xpander, you are too damn good, bro xD

Last edited by Koopacabras on 25 November 2023 at 10:47 am UTC
Xpander Nov 27, 2023
Uhh this was horrible. I drove the first stage earlier, but i had to stop because i was feeling very bad. Had a fever etc.. so i continued the rally now, but there was a nice game bug when continuing. i didnt have any spare tire sets anymore for some reason. Had to drive all (including the long 26km one) with medium gravel tires that were pretty worn already. Last stage was horrible, the tires were completely gone, lots of penalties etc. But at least i managed to finish.
Xpander Nov 29, 2023
Kenya Done.

SS1-3:Clean
SS4:Spin and roll
Koopacabras Dec 3, 2023
damn I came 1 min 38 s slower xD xD

Last edited by Koopacabras on 3 December 2023 at 11:02 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.