(OpenMoHAA) You can load and play in many missions in Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Spearhead, and Breakthrough
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
gbudny Feb 27
Quoting: redmanHi @gbundy!

I have follow the [docs](he https://github.com/openmoh/openmohaa/blob/main/docs/compiling.md) but couldn't compile it, I just return to a simple make.

Is there a better documentation for installing it ? I'm in the process of installing my old cds in a virtual machine to be able to play it!

Regards

Hi

I think you should ask Smallmodel about the documentation because he uses Clang.

You can try to use my script to install it on Linux because I don't use Clang or Ninja:

- Copy the catalog Medal of Honor - Allied Assault War Chest with only three main catalogs (main, mainta, maintt) inside of it to your home directory.
- Replace a user with the name of the user that you use on your operating system in this script

- Copy this script to your home directory and run it

#!/bin/sh
cd '/home/user/Medal of Honor - Allied Assault War Chest'
rm o* *.so
cd
rm -Rf openmohaa
git clone https://github.com/openmoh/openmohaa
cd openmohaa/build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DDEBUG_DROP_ASSERT=1 -DDEBUG_MEMORY=1
make
cp o* '/home/user/Medal of Honor - Allied Assault War Chest'
cd code/client/cgame
cp cgamex86_64-dbg.so '/home/user/Medal of Honor - Allied Assault War Chest'
cd ../../../
cd code/server/fgame
cp gamex86_64-dbg.so '/home/user/Medal of Honor - Allied Assault War Chest'
cd 

Last edited by gbudny on 27 February 2024 at 10:27 am UTC
redman Feb 27
Thanks @gbundy!

I change it a bit for making it easier for updating but it work like a charm! Instead of copying the files I create symlinks so when I update the code and regenerate it updates the game!

My only problem now is that I have a flicker on the main menu, tonight I will search the issues to see if that happen before!

Regards
gbudny Feb 27
Quoting: redmanThanks @gbundy!

I change it a bit for making it easier for updating but it work like a charm! Instead of copying the files I create symlinks so when I update the code and regenerate it updates the game!

Great!

You can do it in this way.

I published this simple script because I use it. I suspected that some users want to make changes in it.

There is also a second script that I use to quickly run all three games even with cheat codes:

#!/bin/sh
cd '/home/user/Medal of Honor - Allied Assault War Chest'
rm o* *.so
cd
rm -Rf openmohaa
git clone https://github.com/openmoh/openmohaa
cd openmohaa/build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DDEBUG_DROP_ASSERT=1 -DDEBUG_MEMORY=1
make
cp o* '/home/user/Medal of Honor - Allied Assault War Chest'
cd code/client/cgame
cp cgamex86_64-dbg.so '/home/user/Medal of Honor - Allied Assault War Chest'
cd ../../../
cd code/server/fgame
cp gamex86_64-dbg.so '/home/user/Medal of Honor - Allied Assault War Chest'
cd 

Quoting: redmanMy only problem now is that I have a flicker on the main menu, tonight I will search the issues to see if that happen before!
Regards

I'm only helping to test it,

I think that someone reported something similar on Windows, but it wasn't fixed yet. It's still the alpha version of the game, so it stil has many issues.

https://github.com/openmoh/openmohaa/issues/102

You can report all issues with this project.

For example, I reported issues with the level e1|3 and e1|4 in Breakthrough this month, and I today completed them with OpenMoHAA on Linux. Sometimes, it could take longer, but Smallmodell is making an incredible progress with this project.

Last edited by gbudny on 27 February 2024 at 2:45 pm UTC
gbudny Mar 16
Hi

I think it's time to inform you about the most recent changes in OpenMoHHA. The last version is from March 6th, and I hope that Smallmodel will continue working on this project. It's one of the most interesting open source projects, period.

Medal of Honor Allied Assault

m1|1 (grab a machine gun more than a few times to complete the objective)
m1|2a
m1|2b
m1|3a
m1|3b
m1|3c
m2|1
m2|2a
m2|2b
m2|2c
m2|3
m3|1a
m3|1b
m3|2
m3|3
m4|0
m4|1
m4|2
m4|3
m5|1a
m5|1b
m5|2a
m5|2b
m6|1a
m6|1b
m6|1c
m6|2a
m6|2b
m6|3a
m6|3b
m6|3c
m6|3d
m6|3e

Spearhead (all levels - 9)

t1|1
t1|2
t1|3
t2|1
t2|2
t2|3 (wuss)
t3|1
t3|2

Breakthrough (all levels - 11)

e1|1
e1|2 (noclip)
e1|3
e1|4
e2|1
e2|2
e3|3

Medal of Honor Allied Assault

There are still problems with m5|3 in the base version of the game:

- m5|3 - I could complete this level a few times, but there are still issues with calling in artillery strikes

Spearhead

You can complete all objectives in 8 levels, which means it's almost complete game:

t2|4 - I have graphical glitches in this level that happen if I don't follow the captain. When you follow a captain, you won't see this bug, and it's possible to complete it.

Breakthrough

e2|3 - I can go from the beginning to the end of the map, but I can't complete any objectives.

e3|1 - The jeep always stops at the same place.

e3|2 - The tank doesn't destroy a wall of a building.

e3|4 - I can't use the machine gun when I'm in the jeep.

Last edited by gbudny on 16 March 2024 at 2:11 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.