Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Where Can I Raise My Steam Direct Fee?
skinmarquee Mar 10
Is there any site I can raise money and/or any interest from anybody here in helping pay for a Steam Direct fee for a Linux only Steam title?

The app is called BooBoo, it's a programming language and interpreter with a comprehensive game API. It's meant to take the monotony out of programming games, being a unique language with a nuanced API.

Just wondering if I were to put up something, I don't want to raise a tonne of money just the Steam direct fee, if anyone would help out and which site to use? Thanks.
skinmarquee Mar 10
Another question to add to this, would anybody be interested in this app at all? I was thinking, the Steam version will have achievements (already implemented this before so I probably still have the code in git) and I was thinking of making it free with a "license" DLC that allows you to sell your creations shipped with the interpreter.
tuubi Mar 10
I'm sure some people would be interested in giving it a go, but maybe you'd have better luck finding that audience in a game dev focused forum?

Personally I don't see why I'd want my development tools on Steam at all. But I'm not exactly a game dev, so what do I know...
Trias Mar 11
For anyone who is not a developer and wondering what Steam Direct fee is - you can find it here. In short, a developer needs to pay 100 USD to publish a game on Steam and this fee "will be recoupable in the payment made after your product has at least $1,000 USD Adjusted Gross Revenue for Steam Store and in-app purchases".

More on topic: never used such sites to rise money myself, but Google shows quite a few of them. For example www.gofundme.com has a catchy name...

Quoting: tuubiPersonally I don't see why I'd want my development tools on Steam at all. But I'm not exactly a game dev, so what do I know...

We have RPG Maker, Godot Engine and Blender on Steam, among other things. So there is probably some demand for this staff...

Last edited by Trias on 11 March 2024 at 8:40 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.