Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Stumble Guys is a fantastic big-dumb-fun laugh! :D
Pengling Apr 9
We all know this one, right? Once upon a time, there was a game called Fall Guys, which got bought by Epic Games and then became Epic Games Store exclusive. Then, a mobile knock-off called Stumble Guys got a PC port released on Steam, and ended up becoming huge in its own right - even to the point of having a bigger merchandise line than the original, and a commonly-suggested search-engine question being "Is Fall Guys a rip-off of Stumble Guys?".

If you don't know either game, they're free-to-play online multiplayer games where you quickly get matched to a bunch of randoms (with no distractions like voice-chat or other such nonsense), and try to survive various wacky obstacle-courses and scenarios in the vein of old TV game-shows like It's a Knockout! and Takeshi's Castle.

I never got to try out Fall Guys - the closest I'll ever get to it is the Bean Bomber collaboration appearing in Super Bomberman R 2. Yesterday, I had some free time and decided that I may as well try out Stumble Guys on my Steam Deck since it's rated Steam Deck Playable and was a pretty small download, and I was pleasantly surprised by how fun it is!

Games are short (they're played in three rounds, where the contestants are gradually whittled down from 32 players to 1), and I really appreciate how time-respectful the game is if you just want to play a few quick matches and then bail. It's a great fit for a handheld! They seem to change out events quite often, too - last month there was a Ghostbusters collaboration, and this month there's a Dungeons & Dragons one; I'm interested in seeing what else they do, since I gather there've been quite a lot of them already.

Though there's some monetisation surrounding cosmetics and some other gubbins, the game doesn't seem to try to corral you into spending in order to stand a chance of winning - you can just check in for some short big-dumb-fun matches, unlock a bunch of cute freebies, and just keep enjoying the game.

I've been having a really good laugh with it so far. Anyone else playing?

Last edited by Pengling on 9 April 2024 at 5:49 pm UTC
Uh, thank you for the post. I'll check out that game. Sounds promising.
Pengling Apr 10
Quoting: Vortex_AcheronticUh, thank you for the post. I'll check out that game. Sounds promising.
Don't expect anything deep, mind. It's really the sort of thing you'd want to dip in and out of alongside a more robust single-player game, which you can probably guess from my reaction to it is something that I've been missing for a bit!
The biggest question I have is........... Is there a Bomberman skin???..... And if not...... Have you started a petition to get it in the game??.......
Pengling Apr 11
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThe biggest question I have is........... Is there a Bomberman skin???..... And if not...... Have you started a petition to get it in the game??.......
Alas, there is not! There was one in Fall Guys (hence why Bean Bomber was in Super Bomberman R Online and is in Super Bomberman R 2), which is probably why there isn't one in Stumble Guys.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.