Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Weekend Players' Club 5/10/2024
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
MVP Baseball 2005 (2005 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Baseball)
NBA Live 2005 (2004 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Basketball)
Need For Speed: Underground (2003 Electronic Arts) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
NFL Blitz (1998 Midway) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Football)
NHL 06 (2005 EA Sports) – Nintendo GameCube – Sports (Hockey)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (2006 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)
Triple Play Baseball (2001 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

PC

My Summer Car (2016 Amistech Games) - Steam - Simulation

The Road To PES Penguin 6

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 4550 PES points out of 5000……….

Other Screenshots……...

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Triple Play Baseball (2001 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

My Summer Car (2016 Amistech Games) - Steam - Simulation

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)

Need For Speed: Underground (2003 Electronic Arts) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

MVP Baseball 2005 (2005 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Baseball)

NBA Live 2005 (2004 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Basketball)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
Q: What does a perverted frog say???……
A: Rub it……..
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Pengling May 11
I've got a couple of emulated picks this week, and they are;

McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure (Mega Drive), which I somehow never heard of back in the day, and which my other half recommended to me recently. It's a platformer starring Ronald McDonald as he pieces together a treasure-map, from a time when we were still allowed to have fun mascots promoting fun treats. From what little I've played so far, it's a very charming and well-presented game that's easy to pick up and handles nicely, and I'm really glad that I tried it out.

And...

Biker Mice From Mars (SNES), which I first played last year and wanted to revisit this week. This one is an isometric racing-game with RC-car-style controls. I'll be playing as the masked rebel rodent Vinnie, since he was always my favourite of the Biker Mice.

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

Stardew Valley (Native Linux)

Stumble Guys (Proton)

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
I saw this one and I immediately thought of He-Man! "I HAVE THE POOOWERRRRRR!!".

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
Q: What does a perverted frog say???……
A: Rub it……..
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
... Eww...
Mezron May 12
Friday night had a good time at this bar/club that has two machines devoted to SNK games. Played some Metal Slug 2 and Samurai Shodown 3.

Tonight got some ppl coming over and we are going to play Dolphin Blue on Dreamcast and attempt to end X-Men 2 Clone Wars on Sega Genesis just to gush about the new X-Men show.

Tomorrow my wife and her sisters are coming over for mother's day and she wants to play MK2 with them so I will be playing some of that as well.
Quoting: PenglingI've got a couple of emulated picks this week
How is that different from normal????.......

Quoting: Pengling
McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure (Mega Drive), which I somehow never heard of back in the day, and which my other half recommended to me recently. It's a platformer starring Ronald McDonald as he pieces together a treasure-map, from a time when we were still allowed to have fun mascots promoting fun treats. From what little I've played so far, it's a very charming and well-presented game that's easy to pick up and handles nicely, and I'm really glad that I tried it out.
I have heard of this before but I have never played it..... Funnily enough I have heard that it is actually a good game..... At they very least ive heard its much better than M.C. Kids......

Biker Mice From Mars (SNES), which I first played last year and wanted to revisit this week. This one is an isometric racing-game with RC-car-style controls. I'll be playing as the masked rebel rodent Vinnie, since he was always my favourite of the Biker Mice.
When I first saw the cartoon I thought they were koalas not mice.........

Stardew Valley (Native Linux)
Ooooooooo...... A strange capsule...... That is a VERY rare event......

Stumble Guys (Proton)
Im guessing you are the robot???....... Why arnt you playing as the Penguin???.......

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING........

Quoting: PenglingI saw this one and I immediately thought of He-Man! "I HAVE THE POOOWERRRRRR!!".
I thought that was going to be a very different He-Man video........

Quoting: Pengling... Eww...
HAHAHAHAHA...... You never fail to disappoint with your joke reactions.........
Pengling May 17
Quoting: MezronFriday night had a good time at this bar/club that has two machines devoted to SNK games. Played some Metal Slug 2 and Samurai Shodown 3.

Tonight got some ppl coming over and we are going to play Dolphin Blue on Dreamcast and attempt to end X-Men 2 Clone Wars on Sega Genesis just to gush about the new X-Men show.

Tomorrow my wife and her sisters are coming over for mother's day and she wants to play MK2 with them so I will be playing some of that as well.
Awesome choices, all of them! And that reminds me, I need to play the original Metal Slug at some point - it's one of those games I started on ages ago, but then never finished.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderHow is that different from normal????.......
Well, I'm pretty sure that I've been playing more emulated stuff this year than I did at the same time for the last couple of years, which was when I started keeping track of it.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI have heard of this before but I have never played it..... Funnily enough I have heard that it is actually a good game..... At they very least ive heard its much better than M.C. Kids......
It is a good game! It's a bit short, but it's lovely throughout.

M.C. Kids itself (which was titled "McDonaldland" here in the UK) is supposed to be alright, too, if memory serves, though I've never played it so I don't know that first-hand. I grew up with the Game Gear version of Mick & Mack: Global Gladiators, which featured the same characters; I liked it at the time, but it definitely hasn't aged well and commits a number of game-design crimes (having tried the Mega Drive version too, I'd say I found that one even worse, unfortunately). McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure is definitely better than that one!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWhen I first saw the cartoon I thought they were koalas not mice.........
Hahahaha! I guess that the Aussie equivalent would've been "Koala Bikies From Pluto"?

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderOoooooooo...... A strange capsule...... That is a VERY rare event......
YEAH! I looked it up after it happened and was surprised that it had!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIm guessing you are the robot???....... Why arnt you playing as the Penguin???.......
Because I got a robot!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING........

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI thought that was going to be a very different He-Man video........
Now that's going to be stuck in my head all day. Thanks for that...

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderHAHAHAHAHA...... You never fail to disappoint with your joke reactions.........
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.